It is worth mentioning that the company has already revealed a number of details regarding its next-gen gadget. The last things that gamers were waiting for were the price, the name and some of the titles.
PS Vita (Latin for "life") is expected to be launched by the end of the year. It will come in two versions: one will be WiFi only, while the other one will be 3G/Wi-Fi.
The first version will be available for $ 249 in the United States, JPY24,980 in Japan, and EUR249 in Europe.
As for the 3G/Wi-Fi model then it will come with a price tag of $ 299, JPY29,980 and EUR299.
The answer to the question on the games for PS Vita includes the following titles: "GRAVITY DAZE," "Uncharted Golden Abyss," "Little Deviants," "Hot Shots Golf," "Reality Fighter," "Hustle Kings," "ModNation Racers," "Wipeout 2048" and "Super Stardust Delta".
It would be interesting to note that with the help of a pre-installed "near" application that activates location-based gaming features, PS Vita users will have the possibility to share game data with each other.
Another new app, dubbed "Party" application, will offer some social networking features through voice and text chat.
Below you can observe some of the technical specifications of Sony Playstation Vita:
- ARM Cortex A9 core (4 core) CPU;
- SGX543MP4+ GPU;
- 5-inch OLED touchscreen (16:9, 960 x 544);
- 5-inch rear touch pad;
- Two analog joysticks;
- Front and rear cameras;
- 3G, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and GPS;
- Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axis electronic compass;
- Built in GPS (3G/Wi-Fi model only);
- PS Vita card slot;
- Memory card slot;
- SIM card slot (3G/Wi-Fi model only);
- Multi-use port (for USB data communication, DC IN, Audio [Stereo Out / Mono In], Serial data communication);
- Headset jack.